Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tax Questions? Hmmmm....

This past Wednesday, I was the featured "Working Mom" on Sweet As Punkin Pie's Working Mom Wednesday post. Julia and I have enjoyed some great interactions, both leading up to the post, and following, and we both got inquiries from our readers about...

Tax Tips and Questions.

For, you see, at least for those of us here in the US, we are coming up on that time where we begin watching the mailbox for forms, pulling together our receipts, and pulling out our hair! As we replace our notated, bedraggled calendar with a crisp new one, our mind wanders into the realms of numbers. Refund or Balance Due? Can I claim this? Am I eligible for that credit?

We've decided that we want to try to help you, our readers! But taxes can be tricky, and are extraordinarily personal, so we want to do it in such a way as to protect your privacy. After all, you may not want the whole interweb to know that you are concerned about how a bankruptcy might affect your tax situation, or that your son defaulted on a loan that you were a co-signer on and now you have this Cancellation of Debt form that you don't know what to do with. Maybe you won a big lottery jackpot this year, but have kept that information pretty close to the vest.

In the interest of that privacy, Julia and I are each going to post a separate comment box on our pages. This box, unlike our traditional comment boxes, will not track who you are. You can simply enter your question, and I will get it in a spreadsheet. The only other information I'll have will be what date you submitted the question.

Since I will not know who posted the question, I will not be able to contact you directly for more information. As such, I assure you, my answers will provide lots of good general guidance, and based on the detail you provided to me, some more specific information for you. I'll throw out my first disclaimers here, with more to follow!

Any tax advice contained in this site was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.
The information on this site is provided for general illustration and instructional purposes and does not create a business or professional services relationship. Any reliance on the information is solely at the user's own risk.
Before making tax or business decisions, please consult a qualified tax professional directly. You may contact Megan M. directly via email at allabunchofmomsense (at) gmail (dot) com.


Without further ado, my dears, throw out your questions! I'd like to be sure I have at least 3-4 before we do a whole post (Unless one is really involved, or they are all short answers! We want it meaty, but not overwhelming!) so the timing on the answers is as yet to be determined. If we get lots of questions, I'll be glad to look into making this a regular feature! Until then- whaddayawannaknow!?




No comments:

Post a Comment